Marc F. Warncke is a Summa Cum Laude graduate of The Ohio State University (BSBA 1986) and a 1989 graduate of the University of Notre Dame School of Law. His practice is devoted to transactional business matters, civil litigation, real estate, and estate planning/administration. He also is the President of Attorneys’ Title Agency of Northwest, Ohio, Inc. Martindale-Hubbell has recognized Marc with an AV rating, its highest rating for professional ethics and preeminent legal ability.
Mr. Warncke’s clients include financial institutions, business owners, entrepreneurs, and individuals. He regularly assists clients in the purchase and sale of businesses, entity formation, business succession, drafting and reviewing loan documents, negotiating and drafting commercial leases and other contracts, commercial and residential real estate transactions, title insurance law, 1031 exchanges, commercial foreclosures, estate and trust planning and administration, and all aspects of civil litigation incident to successfully operating and growing a business. He views his clients as strategic partners and has derived great satisfaction from helping a number of clients grow their businesses from small local concerns into multi-state, multi-million-dollar operations. Recent experience includes:
- Representation of a client in the purchase of nine pizza restaurant franchises
- Representation of a client in the multi-million-dollar purchase of a warehouse and distribution facility, and its subsequent sale to a Fortune 500 Company
- Representation of a franchisee, in assembling, through a series of acquisitions, a chain of over sixty franchised restaurant locations in seven states
- Representation of a client in a series of sale-leasebacks of commercial real estate in several states
- Representation of a Lender in a $33 Million Dollar construction loan, involving a large apartment complex
- Representation of a Lender in the successful restructuring and workout of a multi-million-dollar portfolio of troubled loans with a commercial borrower
- Successful defense of an employer in a wrongful termination lawsuit brought by its former CFO
- Representation of a physician in a dispute with a hospital system regarding the terms of a no-competition agreement
- Negotiating and drafting commercial and shopping center leases, from both the landlord and tenant perspective
- Successful defense of a will contest action involving several family farms, through the trial, appellate, and Supreme Court levels.
- Representation of economic development agency in large-scale economic development projects
A native of Defiance, Ohio, he has served as President and Trustee of The Defiance Area Foundation, Chairman and Trustee of The Defiance Area Chamber of Commerce, President and Trustee of The Community Improvement Corporation of Defiance County/Defiance County Economic Development Office and is a past President of The Defiance County Bar Association. He is also a former Trustee of the Defiance Public Library.